Recently, I received my first blog award.
Billie of willeke73.wordpress.com nominated me for the Liebster award (Thank you kindly).
The Liebster award is given to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
But what is a Liebster? It seems the award started in Germany sometime in late 2010. The best clarification I have been able to find is by Eric Jackson; who writes, “At the core, blogging is all about getting the word out. Rubbing elbows with your peers is a great way to do that. The best part about the Liebster, is that there is no award. It is a matter of networking”.
Basically, if you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Liebster award. It is up to you if you want to accept it and/or pass it on. Your nominations should be blogs that you read or follow regularly; bloggers that you consider to be excellent.
You’ll probably notice that my response does not strictly adhere to the award rules, but I’ve had to make amendments to match my abilities at this time.
The rules are as follows:
- Create a new post and display the Liebster award logo.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 bloggers with 200 or less followers.
- Create 11 new questions to be answered by the bloggers you nominated.
- Go to each nominated blogger’s page and let them know about the award nomination.
Facts about myself
To be honest, I couldn’t come up with eleven things. If an excuse really is needed, just think of this as an attempt to leave some mystery in our relationship. 😉
I love “ugly shoes”. I once bought a pair because they looked like they could have been Forest Gump’s second pair of shoes (a classic 1950s orthopaedic shoe design). The first time I wore them to work, one of the teenager’s came running up to me and said, “Oh Miss, what happened to you?” – whilst his eyes remained riveted to my feet. He was astounded to discover that I had consciously (and happily) handed over money for them.
11 questions willeke73 asked me
- What does blogging mean to you?
It has provided a new way of “sticking and colouring”.
- Does everyone you know love the idea of you putting your words out there in the blogging world?
I didn’t ask. Didn’t think to.
- If you could be published, would you write things you do not stand behind?
Hell no! My words share something about myself: I can’t take responsibility for what they say if I don’t believe in them to start with.
- If you could return or go to college, would you pick the same subjects you initially studied?
Having recently completed a Masters degree, I’m really not in the mood for doing any formal studies for a while – at least until I’ve forgotten how much it hurt.
- What do books mean to you?
Books are how I seduce my imagination.
- Did blogging change your mind set about life, i.e. do you look at yourself the same way you did before starting a blog?
Not really. Blogging has been a fun and interesting learning experience, but my mind is still as much a freak as it’s always been. She’s a very special entity and I love her for it.
- Who is your favourite author and why?
I love words and storytelling too much to limit myself to just one. Regular reads include Terry Pratchett (for humour, great character development and astounding people watching observations); Lee Child (for who-dunnits I usually can’t figure out and because Reacher is a character who keeps my interest); Christopher Brookmyre (for delightful titles and the fact that he writes like a friend telling tales of their high jinx); and Iain M. Banks (for morality tales told through sci-fi). Oh, and church posters (because they can be surprising and funny).
- Did life turn out the way you thought it would?
Now where would the fun be in that? I just kinda set out to see what life had in store; and what I can say in all honesty is that regardless of the good, bad or indifferent events, it has been one wild and marvellous ride.
- Aside from blogging, what other interests do you have?
Funny, but I have never considered blogging as one of my interests. Things that bring me joy include music, the written word, travel, Anime, polar bears, people and “sticking and colouring”.
- Do you want to be inspirational or be inspired yourself?
Neither. When meeting people, I am just interested in spending time: discovering what we generate between us is the best part of the experience.
- Fun fact: just tell us a funny story or fact to end this long blog post to keep a positive imprint of your words on our brains.
I am fascinated by the human form in all its manifestations. It is miraculous beyond words and I can’t get over just how treacherously beautiful the body and its components can be.
My nominations for the Liebster award
- All Roads Lead To Roam – because her words always give me pause.
- ConTIMplating – Every time I read one of his posts, I end up chuckling cheerfully and wondering why I didn’t think of that.
I struggled to identify enough blogs that fell within the regulations, so here are a few blogs that just dazzle me.
- ArchWanders – An architect by trade, the author shares discoveries of well-designed buildings that the she travels to and researches. The posts are very interesting and well written and it’s like being given a guided tour of buildings without leaving home – which is perfect for someone in my predicament.
- Laments and Lullabies – Writing about bipolar diagnosis, parenting and other creative subjects. The content is fun, playful, expressive, interesting (in both its definition of ‘holding one’s attention’ and in ‘affect emotionally’), honest, entertaining, vital, philosophical and captivating.
- The Byronic Man – He has an advice column called “Ask Sexy Stalin” – ‘nuff said!
- A Clown On Fire – One of the very earliest blogs I came across. I checked it out because of the title and then was blown away by the content, the character of Le Clown and the sheer digital and other artistry of the guy. He smacks it. A regular must-read!
My questions for the nominated bloggers
- Share one of your favourite words and say what you like about it.
- What colour best describes you?
- What song would you choose to be the theme tune to your blog?
- Tea or coffee?
- What is something you learned in the last week?
- What is one of your favourite quotes?
- If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
- If you could have lunch with any three people (real or fictitious/from any time period/dead or alive), which three people would you choose and why?
- What’s the oddest conversation you have ever had with a relative stranger?
- Your blog’s just gone super nova. What one post would you wish for everyone to read?
- Where’s My Cow?
Come in, and know me better, man!
- Spastic … and sh!t
- A Picture-Perfect Moment
- Technology … and sh!t
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Renewal
- Chocolate Soup
- The Sound of Music
SPREAD THE WORD
If you liked this post, I mean really liked this post, why not tell your friends? You could also subscribe while you’re at it. You know, so you don’t miss anything.
AUTHOR: I am might war. I have a love of music, the written word, travel, Anime, polar bears, people and “sticking and colouring”.